- Butts County School System
- Back to BCSS 2021
Back to BCSS 2021Posted by Butts County School System on 7/27/2021
BCSS Families and Stakeholders-
I hope everyone has enjoyed a safe and restful summer. As we approach the start of the new school year, I wanted to update you on our plans to once again get Back to BCSS! We are looking forward to welcoming our students and staff back to campus very soon. Please know that we remain committed to facilitating as close to a normal start to the school year as possible.
As I am sure you are aware, concerns still persist regarding the continued presence of COVID- 19. I want to reassure everyone that we are monitoring developments very closely and will continue to collaborate with state and local officials to ensure the safety of our children and staff.
We will continue to implement and adhere to prevention strategies as necessary throughout the school year. Again, please know that our approach to mitigation measures can certainly change as circumstances develop. We will be sure to provide you with updates as needed. Listed below are the prevention measures that are planned for the start of school.
- The use of face coverings is recommended while indoors during school but will not be required at this time. However, please know this could change as circumstances evolve throughout the school year.
- Frequent handwashing and/or the use of hand sanitizers continue to be a critical strategy for preventing the spread of illness. Therefore, we will continue to provide sanitizing stations and require students to wash or sanitize hands more frequently.
- Practicing respiratory etiquette is also a vitally important mitigation measure. We will be emphasizing and reinforcing the importance of covering coughs and sneezes at all times.
- We will continue to ensure surfaces and facilities are cleaned and disinfected daily as recommended. Additionally, we will continue to have our facilities thoroughly disinfected at intervals throughout the year while school buildings are unoccupied.
- Water fountains will remain closed for now and we encourage students to bring water from home. We will also be providing bottled water as needed.
- Students will resume eating lunch in the cafeteria. However, we will resume this practice in phases so as to provide extra space between students while eating lunch.
- We will continue to ensure that classrooms and other indoor spaces are ventilated and will add air purifiers as needed.
- We will continue to do all that we can to maintain the recommended 3 feet of physical distance between students when and where possible.
Our priority is to maintain a safe and successful learning environment for all students throughout the school year. I know we are all ready to put the challenges associated with COVID- 19 behind us, however it appears that some of those challenges will be with us longer than we had hoped. While we certainly understand and share your concerns relative to the risks associated with resuming school; we also know that our children desperately need to be in school. Therefore, we endeavor to do all that we can to have a successful school year in spite of the challenges we may encounter. It will be necessary for us to continue working together to be responsive to any needs that may arise so that we can keep our children in school.
As always, the health and safety of our students is of the utmost importance. Please continue to check our website www.bcssk12.org for the most up-to-date information and resources.
Dr. Todd Simpson