Back to School Guidance
BCSS Families and Stakeholders,
Below outlines the BCSS COVID guidance/protocol based on the local Department of Public Health (DPH) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) Guidance.
- Face coverings are optional
- Frequent handwashing and/or the use of hand sanitizers continue to be a critical strategy for preventing the spread of illness. Therefore, we will continue to provide sanitizing stations and encourage students to wash or sanitize their hands more frequently.
- We will continue to ensure surfaces and facilities are cleaned and disinfected daily as recommended.
- We will continue to have our facilities thoroughly disinfected at intervals throughout the year while school buildings are unoccupied.
If a student tests positive for COVID:
- Parents are asked to report the positive test to the school nurse.
- They will be advised to quarantine for 5 days from the onset of symptoms.
Our priority is to maintain a safe and successful learning environment for all students throughout the school year.
As always, the health and safety of our students is of the utmost importance. Please continue to check our website www.bcssk12.org for the most up-to-date information and resources.