Kindergarten registration for the 2021 - 2022 school year will be held virtually between April 12 - 30, 2021.
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Eye, Ear & Dental Certificate (Form #3300) from the Butts County Health Department or licensed physician. EED has to be current within the past year.
- Immunization Record (form #3231) from the Butts County Health Department or licensed physician.
- Proof of Residence – you must provide one of the following bills in your name showing the service address (i.e. water, power, gas, lease/rental agreement or mortgage statement). If you are living with someone you will need to come into our Registration Office and the person you are staying with will need to provide their proof of residency as required in their name for both of you to complete the Address Affidavit.
- If a person other than the biological parent is registering the child, legal proof of guardianship is needed (i.e. court documents or DFACS papers).
Georgia Lottery Funded PreK
Students enrolling in the PreK program must be four years of age on or before September 1.
Registration for Butts County PreK Classrooms will be held at the Ernest Battle Building during the spring of each year.
- The registration hours and dates will be posted on the school system website and made available to the public through a variety of media.
- All students who are registered will be placed in the lottery for the school for which they are zoned to attend.
- Residency information and the child's birth certificate must be presented to be eligible for the lottery drawing for each PreK class.
- Once a child is selected parents will be notified and must complete all required enrollment documentation.
- Those students whose names are not drawn for the PreK class(es) will be placed on a waiting list in the order they are drawn.
All children attending the PreK program in the Butts County School System must have the following required documents:
- Copy of Certified Birth Certificate, showing age four on or before September 1st of the current school year.
- Social Security Card, (photocopied)
- One proof of residency, (includes: electric bill, gas bill, water bill, mortgage statement or rental agreement)
- Georgia Form 3231, Immunization
- Georgia Form 3300, Eye, Ear, Dental and Health form.
- Parent/Guardian PhotoID