Henderson Middle School’s Counseling Mission Statement
We have two wonderful counselors here at Henderson Middle School. Please click the links below to find out more about them:
The mission of Henderson Middle School’s counseling program is to provide an equitable quality of support for all students regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and religion, mental or physical disabilities. Henderson’s counseling program strives to educate all students beyond their cultural norms, by exposing and teaching them essential skills to promote cultural and social awareness. As counselors we encourage and teach students how to develop interpersonal skills while learning how to work with others from varying forms of diversity. Our students are provided opportunities to explore the relationship of academics to the world of work, and how to give back in the community. Counseling services are available to all students through individual, small group, and classroom instruction.
Henderson Middle School’s Counseling Belief Statements
- Henderson Middle the school counselors’ primary purpose is to advocate for the student.
- Henderson Middle Schools’ adhere to the Standards for School Counseling Programs in Butts County Public Schools and to the American School Counselor Association’s Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
- Henderson Middle Schools’ counselors believe in pursuing opportunities to develop their professional competencies to ensure the provision of a quality school counseling program.
- Henderson Middle School Counseling Program is a critical component within the school system and is integral to the academic, personal/social, and career development and progress of each student.
- Henderson Middle School Counseling Program helps build a positive school environment by encouraging collaboration among counselors, teachers, administrators, parents and the community to further student achievement.
Henderson Middle School’s Vision
The vision of Henderson Middle School Counseling program is to aspire, expose, and motivate all students into becoming successful individuals within society. They are to become individuals with a strong self-concept, who is willing to engage in opportunities which will involve them working with, and outside of their cultural norms. It is our objective to foster professional adults who will welcome the varying dynamics of the world of work and be open to diversity and give back to their community.
JOIN THE AMBUSH!