Student Dress Code
For All Middle and High School Students 6-12
The statements below list the dress code requirements at Henderson Middle School and Jackson High School:
- All students shall be neat, clean, groomed, and dressed in a manner conducive to academic achievement and disciplinary expectations, according to school personnel.
- All clothing worn by students shall be in the correct size.
- No tank tops, halter tops, crop tops, capped sleeves, spaghetti straps, off the shoulder shirts, see-through mesh, fishnet tops, sleeveless shirts/ jerseys nor clothes with cuts, slits, or holes are allowed.
- Clothing with words or symbols (such as pictures and /or emblems) which advocate violence and/or terrorism, that are vulgar, or that advertise alcohol or drug use are prohibited.
- Vests, blazers, sweaters, parkas, windbreakers, or sweatshirts, which meet the requirements of this dress code, may be worn over shirts.
- All pants are to be worn at the waist and should not drag the ground. Pant legs may not be mega-wide, pushed or rolled up.
- Belts are to be worn correctly with the entire belt within the belt loops.
- Spandex, leggings, biker’s pants, excessively tight, or form- fitting clothing are not allowed unless worn with a shirt, skirt, dress, or shorts that reach below the fingertips or longer.
- Shorts shall be worn at the waist, and shorts, skirts, and dresses must be long enough to come below the fingertips or longer.
- Shoes shall be properly fitted or strapped. No flip-flops, crocs, or slides are allowed.
- Heavy chains on clothing and heavy jewelry are not allowed.
- Students are not allowed to wear the following items in the building: sunglasses, scarves, do-rags, headbands, or hats.
- Dress code applies in P. E. Class. (i.e., length of shorts)
- No holes in jeans above the fingertips.
- Blankets and pillows are not allowed at school.
- THE SCHOOL ADMINISTRATION MAINTAINS THE RIGHT TO DECIDE THE SUITABILITY OF ANY AND ALL GARMENTS AND JEWELRY.